- Between ages 8 and 14, girls’ confidence levels drop by 30%
- 3 in 4 teen girls worry about failing
- Nearly 8 in 10 girls want to feel more confident in themselves*
This is why Project Fearless exists.
Through their one-of-a-kind after-school programs – designed for girls aged 9-14 – Project Fearless empowers girls to move out of their comfort zones, try new things and find their voice.
Courses include: skateboarding and boxing, Design Thinking to create solutions to help refugee children make more Dutch friends and bridging art and science to explore climate change.
I worked with Project Fearless in their very early days (using my creative skills to get their pilot courses filled up) and for 18 months after to scale their impact and reach.
My Fearless responsibilities included:
- Leading the social copywriting (organic + paid)
- Contributing to cross-channel content planning
- Writing website copy – from course descriptions to team bios, partnerships and fundraising shoutouts
- Crafting copy for Project Fearless’ incredibly successful crowdfunding campaign – which raised €25k towards a permanent Fearless Clubhouse
- Supporting at courses IRL with photo taking and the occasional bit of colouring in with girls’ younger siblings
*Stats from The Confidence Collapse and Why It Matters for the Next Gen